From the arms of Alain Sánchez and Raidel Martínez, the Alazanes de Granma maintained their reign in our National Series, when defeating in the seventh game of the final 3-2 the Lumberjacks of Las Tunas, in a Julio Antonio Mella stadium that lived from tension in tension until Yoekis Céspedes caught Rafael Viñales fly, last out of the game.
Villa Clara reinforcement was impeccable in the mound until the ninth round, when he allowed the third hit of the first bat Yunieski Larduet and then triple the leader of the hitters of the season, Jorge Yhonson, silenced until then in the playoffs, which made dream of more than one local fan with at least one draw.
In his aid, the granmense mentor sent the box to Raidel Martinez for the sixth consecutive time as a fire extinguisher and the Pinar del Río resolved the situation, despite being beaten by Yosvani Alarcón, Alexander Ayala and Yunior Paumier, while benefiting greatly with a bad run base of receiver tunero, surprised when trying to steal the second pad.
The visiting offense marked the first of the match in the opening inning, when Yordan Manduley's hit, Alfredo Despaigne's semintencional base and Captain Carlos Benítez's cannon shot, while the second appeared in fifth thanks to Cespedes and Roel Santos's singles and elevated tug of Manduley.
The third and ultimately decisive scoring, all against starter Yariel Rodriguez, would ensue a chapter later. Despaigne hit tubey, Benítez continued with incogible and after hit to Lázaro Cedeño, the Avilanian Raúl González raised push-up pigeon to right field.
In this way ended it, after 05:00 pm this Sunday, the final challenge of a series that leaves lights and shadows in the passion of all Cubans.
Morals of the party and the series.
- Alain's pitching was so dominant that he did not surpass 100 sends in eight innings, he did not give away tickets and he barely allowed five hits, three of them by Yunieski Larduet. "It is the most important game of my sports career," said the three-time national champion, who had won before with Villa Clara and Ciego de Ávila. He was the most valuable post-season player.
- Exactly the change of Yoelkis Céspedes for the custody of the right field in the seventh game, because not only beat pair of indisputable, scored the important second race, but he flaunted his powerful arm when Las Tunas threatened to tie in the ninth.
- The receiver Yosvani Alarcón will never forget that he was surprised when in his legs was the tie of the final. The incredible thing about the play is that the mask had barely left the robbery four times during the whole season. His tears of shame are admirable.
-With controversial decisions, but extreme confidence in his players, Carlos Marti easily swept the tide of the yumurina in the semifinals (4-1) and then led the most difficult of his two consecutive finals with a secret trump card, Alain Sánchez, who third starter for the postseason was the most valuable of the Bayamo set with four smiles of the eight achieved.
-The versatility of the incombustible Santos, the mastery and opportunity of Manduley, the effectiveness of Benitez with runners on base, the towing strength of Raul (15 RBIs and three homers in play off) and the stability of Guillermo Avilés were the main weapons of the Alazanes, without forgetting Lazaro Blanco's scratch and what was done by the reinforcements Yolexis La Rosa, Geydi Soler, Ulfrido García and the aforementioned Raidel.
-With this crown, Martí entered history as the fourteenth mentor with at least two smiles in our classics and is the ninth with two top awards in the wire.
- "Always a proud triumph, but this has been fought more than the first by the resistance of Las Tunas, whom I also congratulate. I dedicate this victory to the intellectual author of our Revolution on the day of his birth, José Martí, and to the Commander in Chief, Fidel Castro, who did so much for us to have this baseball, the director said excitedly with the same surname as the Apostle.
-Finally a campaign in which although the fans returned with more desires to the stadiums, it is necessary to continue thinking about options to enrich the show beyond the baseball game.
- It is up to the National Commission of the discipline to decide questions demanded as free pitching for the final, drag only the results between the teams that qualify to the second stage and differentiate the monetary stimulation of the players after finishing the first round.
-The rivalry lived in this campaign can still be accompanied by more quality and better tactical thoughts. For the moment the Alazanes gallop happily, the other Pablo Civil comforts the lighted axes of his pupils. For both, applause from entire Cuba.